About the Author
Dr. Paul Joannides is a training & supervising psychoanalyst and author of the Guide To Getting It On. He is on the editorial board of the Journal of Sexual Medicine and was formerly on the editorial board of the American Journal of Sexuality Education. He also writes the As You Like It blog for Psychology Today. Paul is a guest speaker on college campuses and he is an NCAA-approved speaker for college athletes on human sexuality.
About the Book
“You’ve never read a manual as warm, friendly, liberating, thorough and potentially sex-life-changing as the Guide To Getting It On. Neither had anyone in our office, which may be why our copies keep disappearing.” OPRAH MAGAZINE
“One of the few books about sex that you actually want to sit down and read.” PLAYBOY ADVISOR
“Blows all other sex guides out of the water.” BABELAND
“In our vast library of sex books, this is by far and away the most human, enlightening and entertaining read of the lot. I’ll be recommending it until my keyboard wears out. COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINE, UK
“The only sex manual you’ll ever need!” ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE
“If you’re going to own just one instructional book about sex, this is the one. Funny, hip and informative, it covers every topic a couple could possibly be curious about.” Jamye Waxman / WOMEN’S HEALTH MAGAZINE
“A world-class sex manual. Whoever you are and however much sexual experience you’ve had, you will benefit from reading this book. I can’t recommend it too highly.” JOURNAL OF HUMAN RELATIONS
“The most playful and sensitive book I’ve read on sex – it’s funny, irreverent, intelligent and refreshingly honest.” Adrienne Benedicks / LIBIDO
“Very few medical schools are teaching about the importance of sexual pleasure, so doctors are not prepared to care for this aspect of their patients’ health and well-being. We use the Guide to Getting It On to help our scholars gain a more complete understanding of sexuality and to help them promote the sexual health of their patients and peers.” Perry Tsai, Co-director of the American Medical Student Association Sexual Health Scholars Program (AMSA SHSP)
No other how-to book on sex has won as many awards or is used in as many college sex-ed courses as the Guide To Getting It On.
- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists Book Award.
- Ben Franklin Book Award.
- Firecracker Alternative Book Award.
- Sexuality.org Best Heterosexual Book Award.
- USABookNews.com Best Book Award.
- American Foundation for Gender & Genital Medicine Book Award.
Here’s a partial list of colleges where the Guide To Getting It On! has been used in sex-ed courses:
- Miami University of Ohio
- Santa Clara University
- Santa Barbara City College
- MiraCosta College
- University of Maine at Farmington
- Indiana University
- University of Ottawa
- Western Carolina University
- Allegheny College
- Spalding University
- Hawkeye Community College
- Alaska Pacific University
- University of Southern Florida
- University of Georgia
- Paducah Community College
- Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- University of North Carolina
- Arizona State University
- St. Joseph’s University
- University of Wisconsin
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Texas Women’s University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Antioch University
- California State Univ. at Fullerton
- Pomona College
- California State Univ. at Sonoma
- Oklahoma State University
- University of Arkansas
- College of the Sequoias
- Widener University
- Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine
- Nova Southeastern University
- Tulane Univ. School of Medicine
- State Univ. of New York at Brockport
- University of Kentucky
- Fashion Instit. of Technology (SUNY)
- Midwestern State University
- Orange Coast College
- University of California at Irvine
- Vermont Community College
- University of California at San Diego
- Kennesaw State University
- Heidelberg University
- University of the Pacific
(If your instructor assigned The Guide in your college course and it’s not listed above, please be sure to let us know. Thanks!)